Thursday, October 8, 2009

Aron's Birthday

Poetry has always been a part of my life...
It's a way of expressing myself through writing...

Aron's Birthday

Today is my brother's birthday...
So, it IS a day to reminisce.
For had Aron never been born,
we would have missed the dance.

He brought laughter and jokes,
unlike any ever told...
Aron made Christmas...FUN!
He dared to act so bold.

The sibling bond was tight...
He trusted me unlike any other...
I was Aron's big sister
AND like a sister-mother.

He was MY best friend,
all while growing-up...
We had each other's backs,
We made each other tough...

He was my Big Little brother,
'Tho we lost touch from time to time...
Our hearts stayed close and love stayed deep,
We shared moments, from time to time.

Now, today you were born,
October the 9th, nineteen 78...
Even tho you aren't here to share it with us,
I think we should still eat cake =)

No comments:

Post a Comment