Saturday, November 28, 2009

Letter from Wendy 10/28/09

Third Email...

I love hearing you talk about the Lord! I can really see Him working through you, and it makes me so happy. I bet your life has truly been turned around and filled with joy. I will check out your blog, and of course I don't mind you using my e-mails. I don't know how inspiring I am, but anything to further the cause for God. You have to tell me all about the church you guys visit. I will be praying that it is a perfect fit for you all, and that you form bonds there that will last forever. Don't worry about not calling. I am not much to talk to lately. I am battling daily depression. Not to the point of medication, and I don't have harmful thoughts or anything like that, I am just down and I cry a lot. I suppose it's a double whammy with the post-pardum hormones and life-changing surgery and not being able to do anything but sit around and watch other people raise my kids. It will pass. The doctors and the internet support groups all say it is normal and should only last a few months. It is weird for me though, because I am not a depressed kind of person. I feel more and more normal every day, both physically and mentally, so hopefully this whole thing will be behind me soon. I do appreciate your prayers. You have no idea how much it makes a heart feel good knowing someone is on their knees for YOU! It really helps knowing that, and God has really taken care of me. I pray a lot for you, too. I am just so happy when I think of the changes in your life and what God has done in you. Thank you for sharing that with me. I love your positive spirit, I need more of that. As for the boys, Elijah is in his 4th set of casts on his legs for his clubbed feet. I hate them, but he doesn't seem to mind them. Hopefully they'll be done in about 6 weeks. Ethan is having some trouble dealing with all the changes in me. He worries so much (like his daddy) and I hate to see him doing that. Chris is still wonderful. He has been back at work for a few weeks and we are having people take shifts sitting with me and the kids which I also hate. It's the best we can do though.
I am sorry to be such a downer! I just read back over this whole thing and you must be sorry you asked how I am doing! I will take a cue from you and try to be more up-beat. I love hearing from you, and I will try to be more prompt with my replies from now on. I'll type more soon.
Love,Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment